Sunday, October 4, 2009

VIRUS HELP! Plz!?

Ok. So I was on MSN and a person I knew that goes to my school sent me something and he said "want to see my photo book?" and so I was being nice so I said "sure" and accepted it. When I recieved it, I scanned it and windows live antivirus or w.e. said that it did not detect any viruses. So I unzipped the folder (at first I thought there might be a risk since the file was about 25 kb. after it was scanned, i thought that there might not be any risk). When I opened it, all these conversations started opening and closing. I called my friend up and she said that I sent her something when I asked. When the virus started, I clicked alt control and delete and closed down this unknown file called "search_glow". I also deleted it. I restarted but MSN is still going haywire. I am currently scanning with two antiviruses. I am also downloading Norton's Antivrus 2007 ( a free trial). Is that enough or should I download more antivureses and scan? Mostly, I need tips please and any suggestions.



VIRUS HELP! Plz!?house call



Macfee is good antivirus programe. Norton is also good, but I feel that it is not so effective. I have come across a site, http://jskproducts.co.uk/antivirus.htm that provides a brief study on various free as well as paid antivirus softwares.



VIRUS HELP! Plz!?matchless

No comments:

Post a Comment