Thursday, October 22, 2009

How do I get rid of a virus that SmitFraudFix didn't get rid of?

This virus/trojan has added the following icons to my desktop:



error cleaner



privacy protector



spyware%26malware protection



it also has done something to my norton antivirus. it's scanning terribly slow....



any ideas?



How do I get rid of a virus that SmitFraudFix didn't get rid of?norton 360



Uninstall SmitFraudFix and Norton. Then intstall the Avast free home edition from the link below. Run the virus scan with that. Avast is 10 times better than both of those put together and it isn't a system hog. After you run it make sure you get your registration code or it will expire (the code is free but it must be emailed to you). You can get that at the avast.com website.



How do I get rid of a virus that SmitFraudFix didn't get rid of?photoshop



Computer system restore advice



Re-load windows or system restore from the disk. If you don't have a system restore disk, call the place where you bought the computer and ask them for the 800 manufacturer support number where you can buy one. I got one for $11 and it came fast. Then find out from online manufacturer live support what the procedure is for doing a "manufacturer system restore". HP told me that is the only way to get rid of viruses...not just using the system restore disk, but the correct procedure to do a manufacturer's system restore. They emailed me the instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment