Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why does my computer keep re-starting?

Hi.



I have windows xp sp2



AVG antivirus updated daily and scan daily



windows firewall, but have just downloaded trial zone alarm.



Norton spyware



adaware etc



I have been palgued by this constant shut down and restart.



does not matter if online or not.



have kept everything up to date it seems is so sqeeky clean but I cannot find the culprit....have tried restore..rebooting...but it still goes on.



Please can anyone suggest anything...to stop this.



Oh and its about a year old.



I even vacuum the fan inlets regularily in case of overheating.....



There is something very dodgy going on.



Why does my computer keep re-starting?virus scan



all that anti virus and firewall software may be causing conflicts. Go to start, then right-click on my computer and select manage. From there select system tools%26gt;event viewer%26gt;system error records. From there you should get an idea of what is going on.



Press f8 when rebooting to go into safe mode if your system isnt stable enough to complete the above task.



As a shortcut, I would just uninstall all antivirus and firewall software to see what happens. If you are behind a NAT router you are pretty safe already, just don't open any attachments.



Good luck!



Why does my computer keep re-starting?anti virus scan

No comments:

Post a Comment