Thursday, October 8, 2009

Windows crashed after VIRUT virus, need help?

Ok, so just got a new computer, working great and custom built from a friend. Found a Virut Virus when I scanned with AVG antivirus. Suddenly every program was infected, forced me to restart.Then the login screen comes up but looks different, it asks me to login so I do but as soon as I login it shows my wall paper then it says logging off and brings me back to login screen.



I changed the bios so that



1st priority is CDROM



2nd = harddrive %26lt;--sata



3rd = floppy (I dont have floppy installed)



so after abit screen comes on, the next is a black screen, and it says



BOOT FROM CD:



Booting from CD press any key to continue...



so i press a key. but then no blue screen pops up it just starts loading windows and brings me back to login screen.. can anyone help me?!? starving art student here, i poured alot into geting this comp done to take it to a repair placee would cost me $130



I have 3 copies of windows xp



1) xp pro SP1



2) xp pro SP2



3) xp pro sp2 student ed.



plz help.



Windows crashed after VIRUT virus, need help?network security



Boot to your XP CD and go to the recovery console. Check to see if "C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe" exists. If not, replace it with a copy from a working XP machine. Also, place another copy of userinit.exe in the same folder, but rename it to "wsaupdater.exe". Hopefully, at this point you should be able to log into Windows. Open regedit and make sure the value for the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon is userinit.exe.



Certain spyware and virii make this change. Without a valid userinit.exe and corresponding registry setting, you aren't able to log on.

No comments:

Post a Comment