Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fragmented C Drive?

What would cause this?



Now, I do defragment regularly. However, my computer began going so slow that it wouldn't open an internet page. So, I did an Analyze to see if it needed defragmenting.



Well, the entire drive was COMPLETELY fragmented. I've never seen it like that before.



Now its defragmented and works fine.



But why would it do this?



Also, I do have Norton Antivirus. I did a scan and found a completely clean drive.



Thanks



Fragmented C Drive?virus removal



Your disc gets fragmented usually when you either install/uninstall a lot of programs between your defrags, you download a lot of big files (because the system needs to fit them in between programs), or when you patch your OS or some game (common in MMOs a lot). Fragmenting is a natural thing, it happens whether you want it to or not. I will fragment my disc 3-4 times a month usually when my computer is just idle and I am not needing it and I still get issues where it is fragmented at times.



Fragmented C Drive?anti virus protection



Nxt time, please try this before defragmenting yur drive.



1.Open IE.



2.Click on Tools, from the drop down menu, choose the last option "Internet Options".



3. Here yu'll c Delete Cookies and Delete Files tab. Click on both simultaneously. Clearing files may take a while, so wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment