Thursday, October 8, 2009

Someone started typing greetings on my screen, have I been hacked and what else can I do to prevent

I have reset my router, changed the username and password, checked my windows XP for updates, updated and scanned my Norton Antivirus, run ad-aware, reconfigured (reset) all my norton firewall settings, created a limited user account now. Anything else I should check for? Is there software to check for trojans (will Norton check?) and what about root kits? Any software I can use for this? Thanks!



Someone started typing greetings on my screen, have I been hacked and what else can I do to prevent it?nortan antivirus



VIRUS REMOVAL PROCESS:



do this OFFLINE



trash likes to hide in your restore system,so every time you clean up your computer and you use system restore,it restores the trash along with everything else !



turn off system restore:



XP:



start--all programs--accessories--system tools--system restore



check the off box



Vista:



right click computer icon



select properties



select system protection



uncheck os ( c: ) ( system )



alerter %26 messenger services:



stop messenger spam !!



XP only:



all programs--administrative tools--services



all services are in alphabetical order,right click both alerter %26 messenger services--select properties--from drop down menu,select disable



Active X:



XP ONLY



internet explorer--tools--internet options--security--advanced

No comments:

Post a Comment