Thursday, October 22, 2009

When I turn on my computer, only the background pic shows up, with no icons, taskbar, nothing. helpp

I know I have a lot of viruses. I was in the middle of installing antivirus programs and scanning and deleting when i restarted and ever since then when i restart I can never get anything to pop up. all you see is the background picture, no taskbar on the bottom, no icons.



occasionally i can get the task manager up, but i cant get any programs to run with it. nothing happens when i try. and when i try to end certain programs running that i think may be the problem, it doesnt work.



i have a windows xp home edition computer, service pack 2.



any tips/ideas would be appreciated!



When I turn on my computer, only the background pic shows up, with no icons, taskbar, nothing. helpp!?norton antivirus 2007



well yes u pc is gone my love but.... take it to a shop then that will cost u cause the virus is eveyrwhere so u pc will have to be allll changed sorry abt that just dont trust many sites ok



When I turn on my computer, only the background pic shows up, with no icons, taskbar, nothing. helpp!?product key



Turn on your computer and as it's booting, push F8 a few times, this will bring you to a screen that lets you choose different modes of running windows. Choose safe mode. Most viruses are not able to run in safe mode. If you still don't have a desktop, it means that the viruses/spyware have already messed up your explorer shell and in that case a reformat is the best option. If you do have icons, try to run your antispyware/virus solutions(some antivirus/spyware programs will not run in safe mode)
i think its infected with malware



boot your pc to safe mode



scan your hard drive with your antivirus / spyware remover



try pressing ctrl/alt/del



click file



new task run



browse



click your desktop



open your antivirus scan



and start scanning



hope this helps....

No comments:

Post a Comment