Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why do I keep getting an error Internet Explorer needs to close?

It doesn`t do it every single time but pretty frequently in the last few weeks.I`ve cleaned the disk,cookies,defragged,run my antivirus,adware %26 spyware scans.Does it every time my son gets on Runescape,but happens to me too but not as often.I also upgraded from IE6 to IE7(AGAIN)which I hate,about 2 days ago.Nothing happened while my son was at his dads on the weekend.As soon as he gets back this evening and gets on Runescape it does it again.I`ts done it on me once since then.



Why do I keep getting an error Internet Explorer needs to close?photoshop



Cause IE SUCKS. Use Firefox. So much better. Less errors and better features.



Why do I keep getting an error Internet Explorer needs to close?symatec



Make sure you have Firefox set as your default browser. If it is, find the Control Panel folder. After your in the control panel. Open Add or Remove Programs. Then click on Add/Remove Windows Components. A box will come up. Uncheck IE icon Report It


Here's my advice (insert shameless plug for firefox here)



No, seriously though, I need more info than just random crashes. and Runscape (which i doubt is the reason) try to create a log of what you're doing that causes it to crash, may just be bugs associated with New software (IE7) Personally though i still suggest Firefox, because it has a better method of support and the way it can be customized.



http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/



try it out, you don't need anything and it's free. I suggest creating a log of when your IE crashes too, see if you can find a pattern.
Your problem is IE7. Uninstall it and this stuff will go away. I hate it when people ask questions like this and the only answers they get are "Get Firefox." instead of helping you figure this out. If you click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and the Show updates box at the top, when the list loads you can find Internet Explorer 7 and click to remove it. Then close Control Panel and restart the computer. Problem gone. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment