Thursday, October 8, 2009

Windows Update-Blue Screen Death Help?

Ok..So I went to install a patch to fix the Daylight Savings Time issue from the Microsoft website...and when I started to do this, the install stopped and the "Dumping Physical Memory" Blue Screen of Death popped up....



So I restarted the computer and thought I would try to download any new automatic updates thinking that they would probably have the information to change the time as well....



Upon doing so..I saw that no updates had been installed on the computer since Jan. 2006!!! I turned the updates on and they began to download...but they won't install...



Initially when there were only a few updates the install would just fail...but now that many are downloaded..every time I go to install them, the blue screen "Dumping Physical Memory" pops up and the computer needs to be shut down...



I have run a virus scan, turned off the antivirus software to try to install the updates, and I have searched for other fixes online but havent found anything...



Can anyone help??



Windows Update-Blue Screen Death Help?product key



Have you checked the event viewer if not open the control panel click on administrative tools then event viewer when the new window appears click on system in there it will tell you what's be going on with date and time look for an error about the time your computer crashed when you find an such an error right click on it and click properties it may give you some clue to what's causing you crashes it may even give you a link to Microsoft to remedy the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment