Sunday, October 4, 2009

Please help! Virus HELP! Also my bottom bar is gone!?

Ok. So I was on MSN and a person I knew that goes to my school sent me something and he said "want to see my photo book?" and so I was being nice so I said "sure" and accepted it. When I recieved it, I scanned it and windows live antivirus or w.e. said that it did not detect any viruses. So I unzipped the folder (at first I thought there might be a risk since the file was about 25 kb. after it was scanned, i thought that there might not be any risk). When I opened it, all these conversations started opening and closing. I called my friend up and she said that I sent her something when I asked. When the virus started, I clicked alt control and delete and closed down this unknown file called "search_glow". I also deleted it. I restarted but MSN is still going haywire. I am currently scanning with two antiviruses. I am also downloading Norton's Antivrus 2007 ( a free trial). Is that enough or should I download more antivureses and scan? Mostly, I need tips please and any suggestions.



Please help! Virus HELP! Also my bottom bar is gone!?hp



right toolbar and select ... status bar... to get your bottom bar back.



E



Please help! Virus HELP! Also my bottom bar is gone!?mcaffee



Did you make a recovery disk if you did just empty everything and pop it in if you didnt take it to frys theyll fix it but when you fix it make a recovery disk
If you can still get online, go to Trend Micro's House Call. It will scan your computer and clean up any virus.
you don't want to run multiple anti viruses on your machine.That can cause a new set of problems...try this before you do any thing drastic..



start-all programs-accessories-system tools-system restore......select a date when all was well and restore it...good luck
you should also think about getting something like spyware doctor...it looks for trojans malicious software keyloggers adware and spyware among other things...stuff your anti-virus's won't get.... if you still have problems see if there's a restore point on your computer and go back a couple days or whatever
u should be able to scan and get rid of the virus. I use avgfree.com...it is free and works great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment