Sunday, October 4, 2009

Reinstall Windows 2000 - How do I reformat my hard drive?

If I reinstall Windows will it get rid of viruses that are currently on my computer that I can't find?



It's windows 2000 - I have a popup that keeps coming up that seems to be very aggressive. It is from antispystorm saying I have adware on my computer and do I want to do a scan. I've tried 2 antivirus programs and 3 spyware programs to see if I could catch it, but have been unable. Now my computer runs so slow that it takes 30 minutes to pull up any program.



I'm using Defender Pro antispam, firewall and virus protection. I also have McAfee. I used Spybot and AVG to find the spyware/malware-



I got several answers that said I need to reformat my hard drive. How do I do that?



Reinstall Windows 2000 - How do I reformat my hard drive?norton 360



If your computer is branded: HP, Dell etc, just stick in the quick restore cd that was shipped with it, follow the wizard and you should get to a blue screen that willask whether you want to format the hard disk. If you dont have a quick restore cd, you can use your windows XP cd (or any other OS cd). Stick it in the drive and restart your computer. You will be asked do you want to boot from cd? choose yes and you should eventually get to the blue screen I mentioned earlier. if that doesnt work, the cd drive is probably not the first boot device. to change that, restart your pc and before the OS logo loads, look out for text similar to "enter F8 to enter setup". hitting F* or Del repeatedly before the OS logo loads sometimes does the trick. Goo luck

No comments:

Post a Comment