Sunday, October 4, 2009

If I reinstall Windows will it get rid of viruses that are currently on my computer that I can'

It's windows 2000 - I have a popup that keeps coming up that seems to be very aggressive. It is from spystorm saying I have adware on my computer and do I want to do a scan. I've tried 2 antivirus programs and 3 spyware programs to see if I could catch it, but have been unable. Now my computer runs so slow that it takes 30 minutes to pull up any program.



If I reinstall Windows will it get rid of viruses that are currently on my computer that I can't find?norton 2008



Just reinstalling will not get rid of it...you would need to format (you will lose all data on your hard drive) in order to get rid of it.



Have you tried running your antivirus and antispyware programs in Windows Safe Mode? If not, do that first...you can usually get rid of most things that way since they will not load in Safe Mode. To get to Safe Mode, press F8 just before Windows starts to load...a menu will pop up and you just need to select Safe Mode.



If I reinstall Windows will it get rid of viruses that are currently on my computer that I can't find?pop up blocker



Yes, it will. But, if you don't format your hard-drive before reinstalling "Windows", the virus might just stay there and reappear.
if you are using IE try using browser hacker retaliator. (link below) before reinstalling, it can help in many many cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment