Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why won`t my P.C. accept DVD discs for back up?

I have Norton Antivirus installed,when I run a scan, it asks me to insert a blank CD or DVD. to backup files onto.It will accept CD`S but having been told that DVD`S hold more data I insert one,but,it won`t acknowledge it,it just asks again to insert a CD. or DVD.



I have the same problem trying to burn music files onto a DVD.It can be done because I have a DVD given to me by a friend of a friend that has nearly 200 songs on .



Could anyone please cast a light on this.



Thank You



Jeff.



Why won`t my P.C. accept DVD discs for back up?viruses



As answered about 5 minutes ago perhaps you do not have a combined CD/DVD drive just a CD drive - have a look for the DVD logo on the front of the drive.



Who cares who dares?



Why won`t my P.C. accept DVD discs for back up?antispam



Im not sure why DVD's wont work, ive had that problem too, so I always just use normal 700mb CDR discs. I think theyre cheaper too
Well Hello Einstein? Do you even have a DVD burner?



You can't burn a DVD without one!



Der DEE Der!!!
your drive can't read dvds.



you're going to need a dvd drive if you want to listen to those songs or backup your stuff
It could be that you are trying to use the wrong sort of DVD disc. My laptop will only accept DVD R and CD R, I always buy +RW to use in my DVD recorder and it was ages before the penny dropped with me why it kept rejecting the discs. Have a look in your user manual and see what it says.
Well, from what u told me, i would guess that you don't have a DVD writer. You might want to check that. If you dont, it wont recognize the DVD as anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment