Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why do I keep receiving a "stop" erorr and my computer closes in one minute ?

It's a screen that shows system erorr and it shows the countdown from a minute and after the time is elapsed my computer shuts down ???



And if you know can you recomend me a antivirus or antyspyware or any other tool to remove it ? I have AVG antivirus but I can't scan because my computer shuts down from the erorr. Help ? (i recently reinstaled my OS)



Why do I keep receiving a "stop" erorr and my computer closes in one minute ?viruses



You have a virus.



Go to start. click run. type "regedit". when regedit opens, click on hkey_current_user. the click "software". then click "microsoft". then "windows". then "current version". then open "run".



If you see anything in that folder that has the number "32" or a "%", delete it. An example would be if it said "systemroot%system32"



Thats the hallmark of a trojan.



The click on "run once" and make sure there is nothing in there. if there is, the virus put it there to reinstall if you removed it with an antivirus.



After that do the same exact thing, but replace "hkey_current_user" with "hkey_local_machine"



If you want to be really sure, you can delete everything in those folders, the only thing that will happen will be that when you start up none of the programs that start automatically will start. youll have to open them from the start menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment