Thursday, October 8, 2009

Question about a Toshiba Latptop. It shuts down unexpectedly.?

Alright. I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 Laptop which I bought in 2003. Lately, when I'm the middle of something or some times I'm it's doing something on its own it'll just shutdown. With no warning. I don't see the Windows Shut Down Sequence or anything. I suspect that the problem is physical and not a software one. I've run a virus scan with Norton (2006) antivirus and it reports no virus, worms or what ever. I've also updated the definitions every second day. It shuts down even if it's connect to a power source. (so it's not battery.)



The one thing that really leads me to believe that it's a hardware problem is that right before it shuts down, the fan starts working really hard and sometimes the hard drive will start to do its thing (makes sounds like as if I'm running a really memory intensive program.) The way it shuts down is very abrupt. Just like a light. it doesn't close any programs or do anything else which is weird for a laptop. (which also leads me to think it's not a virus)



Question about a Toshiba Latptop. It shuts down unexpectedly.?triumph



remove battery and just use the power supply and see if that does it. check connections on power supply as well. when it is hooked up to the pwr supply is it charging? it could also be the on/off button. go to your bios and make sure the power setting are as you would like them

No comments:

Post a Comment