Thursday, October 1, 2009

Help me pleeaase... Computer problem...?

Okay, I have a Windows XP computer, and I just installed a program I downloaded from the net. It's a GIF Maker, trial edition, and I scanned it with Norton Antivirus it says no viruses were found. After installing it, I noticed that my MP3 files wouldn't play, my shortcuts on the taskbar wouldn't work, it takes a few seconds for the computer to react when I press Show Desktop, and all the programs on my Start Menu won't start up. Whats happening? Virus? I scanned my computer after that, no infections were found.



Nothing I like (music, video) is working. I double click my music files, and still nothing appears. I do not want to reformat my computer. I don't want to lose my files (which has been with me for over 3 years).



Help me please. I don't know what to do...



Help me pleeaase... Computer problem...?virus protection



The first thing that I would do is to back up your files on an external drive just incase your computer decides to crash or has to be reformatted. After that you need to try to uninstall the program. You can do it from the controll panel under "add remove programs". If it started after you loaded this then it is almost asuredly the culprit. Also I would use a program besides Norton. Download avast from www.avast.com which is a free program, and effective. Not every anti-virus catches every virus. These two work together fairly well. Also make sure thatyou reboot the computer after you do this. These are some ideas to get you started. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment