Thursday, October 1, 2009

Will Upgrading My RAM Help?

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FE670G laptop computer. It has an Intel Core Duo T2300 CPU dual-core at 1.66GHz Clock Speed and 667MHz FSB, 1GB RAM and a 5400rpm, 100GB hard drive.



When I am surfing the web on the computer and am also running simultaneous scans with Grisoft AVG Antivirus 7.5 and also AVG Antispyware 7.5, the computer runs so slow. Pages take anywhere from almost 10 seconds to maybe a minute or more to open up.



But when I go to Windows Task Manager to look at the system's performance, the computer never reaches peak RAM usage.



So if I upgrade the RAM to 2GB(which is the maximum amount the motherboard can handle), will it really help?



The system's current RAM is 1GB(2x512 MB). So upgrading to 2GB will require replacing the two memory chips with 2x1GB. That's not cheap. If upgrading to 2GB helps for now, I don't know how much longer it will be before my computer will run slow again.



Would I be better off just buying a new, faster laptop?



Many thanks,



C.L



Will Upgrading My RAM Help?computer repair



You didnt say what OS youre running but....



Get more ram



Running all the AVG stuff and your windows is using it all up.



Thats why you cant multi task.



2 gig should be fine



Will Upgrading My RAM Help?free antivirus

No comments:

Post a Comment