Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why does it take 10 minutes for my PC to boot up ??

It takes my computer 10-12 minutes to boot up when I start it up. What i mean is , I can't do anything on my computer for 10-12 minutes. How can I fix this? I'm using windows XP and it isn't a duel core processor. I hav a Norton antivirus which I think performs a scan everytime I turn the PC on. Heck I hav a old windows 95 pc, and it boots up in 3 minutes.



Why does it take 10 minutes for my PC to boot up ??abtuvurys 2005



1. Set up the anti virus to scan at 3 am in the morning.



2. go to startup and setup the computer not to load all the programs on startup



It is slow because the antivirus may be scanning when you boot up



You have to setup the computer tso it won't load all the programs on startup you can open them in start later as needed...



Read your manual or go to help online to set the computer commands for startup programs if you haven't done this all the ones that it does load takes a lot of time



Also defragment your computer once a week this compresses files and makes it run fatser...



Why does it take 10 minutes for my PC to boot up ??antivirus programs



Well, that scan at the beginning may be the problem. Open Norton and turn off that automatic scan. I don't think it's that necessary as long as you virus scan your computer every now and then. Also look for other programs that start when you're computer boots up, like AIM or automatic update software. Those can slow down your startup times as well.
you have too many programs trying to start up at boot up..turn most things off and make them start manual



services.msc use this



or this MSCONFIG in run command and turn off the programs youve installed only
Do you have a lot of programs that automatically start up?



That may be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment