Thursday, October 1, 2009

My laptop shuts off by itself after a few hours.?

I have a laptop running on P3 1,1 GHz CPU. I use it for 5 years, now problem comes. After running it for about 3-8 hours with main supply, it shuts down automatically. I bought a laptop cooler for it. It seems to improve a bit but problem still remains. I also opened it up and cleaned the CPU fan but still cannot get rid of the problem. Have also scanned it with different antivirus programs and defragmented the HDD. What else can I try?



I have already bought another laptop and will sell the old one out through the local auction site. But I do not want to receive complains from the buyer.



My laptop shuts off by itself after a few hours.?ducati



unfortunatly the most probable thing is overheating, yes the cooler helps but still it is a p3 1.1ghz, and if you run heavy applications or operating systems like windows xp, will make the laptop overheat and as a protection the laptop will shut down.



what i suggest to find out if this is the problem... download this program



http://www.bresink.de/osx/0TemperatureMo...



it monitors your cpu and tells u the temperatures. if the temperature is higher than 60-ish, you have a serious problem



and if this is not the case you can have a virus or trojan that is having fun shutting down ur pc,



but i exclude this since you said that it improved after using the cooler



My laptop shuts off by itself after a few hours.?hp

No comments:

Post a Comment