Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Help With Computer!?

my comp is corrupted by adware ? Keep getting pop-ups via 'Internet Explorer' which have tried to delete by use of my BT Broadband NORTON Antivirus. When I do Virus Scan NORTON states no problems but when I start to check E Mails / Use web by BT Yahoo Browser I keep getting same pop-ups ie: Gambling , Insurance, Clothing ads etc which are annoying and slow down my system. POP -UP blocker is enabled so I think problem on hard drive which I have no idea how to erase. Please can someone give me a step by step guide to eradicating the pop-ups.



Thanks



Andy B



Help With Computer!?best antivirus software



Lavasoft ad-awawe is good for blocking pop ups.



Help With Computer!?firewall



buy some starburst
The BEST way to do this is to install your HD as a second HD on a friends system and run AdAware (available through lavasoftusa.com) and a good antivirus program on that drive to clean it out. Don't use the online freebie Norton Antivirus available through an internet provider, they just don't cut it for deep scanning. After you've done this, back up your important files from your hard drive.



Then try putting the HD back in your computer and booting it up and see if it works good. If you still have problems, you should format your HD, reinstall windows, and try again. Make sure you put on a good antivirus progam that has anti-spyware capabilities (Norton Internet Security will do) before you go online. That should work smoothly, then you can reload your files from the backup you created.

No comments:

Post a Comment