Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Computer running slow.. help?

I have Outpost Firewall Pro, Ad-Aware SE, and avast! antivirus.. I perform full scans with both Outpost and Ad-Aware everyday and I just defragmented and cleared up disk space yet my computer is still running slow.. help?



Computer running slow.. help?downloads



It might be due to the Celeron processor. Also, Avast is a resource hog, and you can't scan with firewalls, like Outpost. These suggestions may help:



1.Get the 30-day trial version of System Mechanic and run it once or twice. It will find and repair a horde of problems which most other PC utilities can't. I was boasting of having a 'clean' computer, until I got it and it slapped my face by finding 128 errors.



2.Also, grab the freeware, CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ and run it once daily before shutting down your computer. It get rids of most trash, and speeds up your computer. Also, use its 'Issues' section to solve registry inconsistency. Also, use its 'Startup' option of Tools to remove unwanted auto-start entries.



3.Keep at least 35% of your C: free; transfer the music, video, image files to other drives.



4.You should have preferably 512 or higher Mbs of RAM, so if you have got less than that, you may consider upgrading it.



Happy New Year!!



Computer running slow.. help?house call

No comments:

Post a Comment