Sunday, October 4, 2009

Computer Question?

I just recovered my laptop from a lot of viruses, trojans, and spyware. I'm using norton antivirus, ad-aware, and avg to scan my computer. I've deleted the 211 files that were found to be infected and scanned my computer again. I've then scanned my computer again and ad-aware and avg aren't finding anything but norton keeps popping up saying that a virus has been detected and removed or just detected on my computer. Could there still be viruses on my computer and if so how do I find them and get them off? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!



Computer Question?security



if norton picks up something called



"Surfsidekick"



or something similar,



then it is okay.



there are good spyware that are picked up as bad ones



dont worry about it



Computer Question?trojan



Usually programs such as this have backdoor access by embedding themselves in various places on your computer. When you reboot and come back up they get "kicked off" again and re-infest your pc.



My parents had a similar issue with one that buried itself it the registery and drivers. It took several different virus/spyware removal tools to totally clean the pc. Interesting is that my parents had norton to and it could detect and attempt to clean but not successfully remove the virus. I ended up doing some research on the net, downloaded a few free tools and was succesfull. It took a lot of work and a lot of time.
Norton should get read of this virse i would run norton agan

No comments:

Post a Comment