Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I think some program is running in the background on computer. HOw can I find what is running and tu

Things are running slowly, and I hear a lot of background noise from the cpu. I have Norton antivirus and just did a scan, although the computer was unprotected for several months when my SO forgot to acitivate it.



I think some program is running in the background on computer. HOw can I find what is running and turn it offagv



First, remove Norton, it's known slow down comp.



When done, use ccleaner http://ccleaner.com to scan your comp.



I think some program is running in the background on computer. HOw can I find what is running and turn it offantivirus software



Press Ctrl, Alt, Delete. This will bring up the task manager and will show all processes running.
Ctrl-Alt-Del will bring up the task manager. Use that to kill the task.
Cntrl+Alt+Del will bring up taskmanager which will show you what's running, select then click END as appropriate

No comments:

Post a Comment