Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I have Norton Internet Security-how do I stop the daily virus checks?

I chose not to buy the antivirus, but it keep scanning and a pop up comes daily reminding me I need to subscribe. I want to keep the other parts of Norton though. Thanks for ideas!



I have Norton Internet Security-how do I stop the daily virus checks?computer protection



Check out Avast or AVG. Both are excelent virus scanning and removal software and are free. You ned a valid email for Avast, but they don't spam and both apps actually protect better than Norton's anyway!



Firewall: Zonealarm (home version is free)



Anti-virus: Avast (home version is free)



Spyware Scanner: Spy-bot S%26D (free)



Mal-ware Scanner: Highjackthis! (free)



There are people who code who are actually more interested in stopping problems than causing them. You don't need to bloatware that Norton's and McCafee have become or the misserable protection Microsoft's firewall provides. And you do NOT have to go broke just to use the internet.



I have Norton Internet Security-how do I stop the daily virus checks?free antivirus download



Click on "Norton Antivirus" tab on the left side. Select "Scan for Viruses". Then click on the clock icon next to "Scan my computer". Change the settings.
Norton drove me mad. Uninstall and dowload AVG Free. You can adjust it easily to fire up when you want it to plus keep email check on all the time.
Same thing happen to me.



So i just remove the whole program.
go into settings of it and choose not to scan or uninstall it from control panel

No comments:

Post a Comment