Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HELP! Every few emails I send, I get 'email msg to "?" with the subject of "??&q

PLEASE HELP! Every few emails I send, I get 'your email message to "?" with the subject of "??"was unable to be sent because the connection to your mail server was interrupted. Please open your email client and re-send the message from the Sent Messages folder'. When I do this the message is sent ok. I have Norton Antivirus %26 have run a full scan recently, which showed me free of viruses. This is going to drive me mad!



HELP! Every few emails I send, I get 'email msg to "?" with the subject of "??"was unable to be sent becauseanti virus scan



You're on the right track -- you are infected.



Your anti-virus software was either not up to date at the time of infection (for instance you didn't update it until AFTER this started happening), or it didn't protect you against this problem.



Now that you're infected, there's nothing the currently installed anti-virus software can do to clean it -- it's already been compromised or rendered non-functional by the virus/trojan/bot.



You need to run a clean, untainted anti-virus application -- an online version.



This is a good, free one from Trend Micro:



http://housecall.trendmicro.com



Run it, and let it clean your system.



Once your system is clean, re-install your anti-virus software, update it and keep it current. If you don't already have a firewall software application such as the free version of Zone Alarm, install one.

No comments:

Post a Comment