Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Will adding more RAM improve my computers performance?

If this helps, here's a few further details about my computer.



Windows XP Home Edition. The computer is a Dell, Dimension 1100. 2.53 GHz, with 256 MB of RAM.



My last De-frag session showed 57.77 GB (or 77%) free disk space.



Eventhough, all of my antivirus, spy-ware, defragmenting, registry scans etc. all showed no signs of any problems. I think the computer is acting slower than it should be.



Thanks for any help!



Will adding more RAM improve my computers performance?software



Although the recommended ram is 512mb, my personal experience is that you should have 1024mb (1gb) of ram for windows xp to run at it's full potential.



Consider upgrading your ram, it doesn't cost alot at all and your computer will feel like it's brand new. This is a very common thing to slow down computers and I see it most days in my job as a computer engineer.



Will adding more RAM improve my computers performance?vincent



YES, 256MB is definitely not enough RAM. I am running XP and had 512 MB of RAM, then I bought an extra 1 GB on Ebay. Cost me $40, and arrived 2 weeks later.



So much faster now, wish I had done it sooner.



Make sure you check your computers compatibility first eg.



"1GB DDR Memory PC3200 400MHZ RAM PC 3200".

No comments:

Post a Comment