Sunday, September 20, 2009

Info on a torjan my AVG? false alert???

Hello,



Tuesday when i ran my AVG antivirus it found 2 trojans in this file..



C:\hp\drivers\hpiz423\setup\copy\copy....



it was called...



PSW.Onlinegames.AJVH



I did 2 online scans with Panda and Kaspersky and they both found nothing. and i also uploaded the file to a online scanner where they scan your file with about 30+ differnt antivirus scanners and only 2 of them found anything, AVG and Norman. Norman called it a W32/OnLineGames.AUFD.



But yesterday i updated my AVG and now if does not find anything, so my question is was it a false alert?



Thank you for any help..



Info on a torjan my AVG? false alert???antispyware



If two of the AV engines in that on line scan found something, I think a scan with PC Tools Threatfire 3 is in order. It finds new and difficult to find badware before most other services know about it. Removal may be trickier, since that badware seems to have come from an on line gaming site. I would recommend Super Anti-Spyware Free Edition (http://www.superantispyware.com/) since this program has found rootkit-protected badware on my computers more than once, and it removes more badware than SpySweeper or AVG Free. Most likely, the two suspects you mention are adware, not dangerous Trojans, but it never hurts to be careful.



Info on a torjan my AVG? false alert???best antivirus software



i doubt AVG wld show false reports..



it has a reputatiomn.. from my view
false positive i will put money on it



just doesn't like its coding



it possibly may phone home



up to u if u want to keep it but it wont hurt anything if u do remove it
CONTACT AVG on their help line they will talk you through it.



try emailing them



They would be keen to help as they have a serious reputation to consider and they want to remain top dog.
http://www.freewebs.com/itswonder



you can get much information in this website,kindly stay a minute in website and check anyone link at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment