Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is a good inexpensive but reliable Anti-Virus software that won't slow down my computer wh

here's my story. My other PC, we had the trial for CA Security (i think that's what it's called), but then the trial expired so my mom decided to pay for it online, so she did, and next day, my computer pretty much died and never worked again ... so. I got a new laptop, and it came with Norton Antivirus (trial again i think ... maybe, not sure) but the thing I DON'T LIKE is that when i run a scan, it REALLY slows down my computer. Is there an antivirus that'll do it's job and scan my computer without slowing it down TOO MUCH? I don't want to wreck this brand new laptop thanks haha.



What is a good inexpensive but reliable Anti-Virus software that won't slow down my computer while in use?ariel



Kaspersky or NOD32 are the best (recent tests at av-comparatives.org).



If you want a free anti-virus I recommend in order of popularity, but please choose the right one for you (install only one):



1. AVG Free



a. A simple interface (easier to use than Avast! and Avira)



b. Can detect about 82.82% of viruses



Cons: low virus detection



2. Avast!



a. Real-time protection



b. It has an option to delete a virus once found



c. Can detect about 87.46% of viruses.



Cons: Too many icons and confusing user interface



3. Avira AntiVir



a. It can detect malware better than Avast and AVG

No comments:

Post a Comment