Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse on my computer?

I keep getting pop-ups, and my antivirus, McAfee said that it scanned everything and that there was a Trojan horse.



How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse on my computer?security



Your machine is infected. Pop-ups are mostly caused by adware, spyware, and other malicious and unwanted software and using pop-up blocker won't help an infected PC. In addition to McAfee (your anti-virus) you need anti-spyware.



No single program can detect and eradicate all spyware and I recommend using Ad-aware and Spybot (they are free). Other great free anti-spyware programs would be Super anti-spyware and AVG anti-spyware (formally Ewido).



Running these programs in Safe Mode (tap F8 as the computer boots up and choose to boot to safe mode) can be more effective.



I strongly recommend using FireFox, it's a far better and safer alternative to Internet Explorer. If you add-on McAfee SiteAdvisor, it will warn you of potentially harmful sites. I also recommend CCleaner which is a free system optimization and privacy tool.



How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse on my computer?trojan



http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.h...
To get rid of a Trojan Horse, you need to run your Spyware program, a trojan horse is Not a virus so most antivirus program will not catch it. If you do not have a spyware program already install on your computer then here is a link that you can click on to get a good and reliable one that I recomend and so do others here. (http://www.superantispyware.com) There is a difference between a virus and a trojan horse. A Virus is a computer program that can copy itself to other computers without premission or knowledge of the user. A Trojan Horse is a file that appears harmless until excuted, they both can cause serious damages to your computer that is why protecting your computer in all areas is so important Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment