Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do I tell multiple versions of "Svchost.exe" apart in Windows XP task list?

I have updated my antivirus software and run a full system scan, but I am very suspicious of the 6 or 7 "Svchost.exe" in task manager. I know that having multiples of it are normal, but some of them take up large amounts of memory. How do I find out what each one does specifically?



How do I tell multiple versions of "Svchost.exe" apart in Windows XP task list?virus scan



There is a clean little tool called DTaskManager 1.51. It will reveal a little more details about your proccesses than MS Task Manager.



The 3rd program is the following link.



http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/



How do I tell multiple versions of "Svchost.exe" apart in Windows XP task list?anti virus scan



Having multiple Svchost.exe is normal. Do not worry. If you want to make sure there is NOTHING on your computer.



Post a HiJackThis log on http://xtechforum.com and people will review it for you and tell you if you have anything, and how to remove it. If you dont know what a HiJackThis is then either do a search, or post at the website and they'll tell you how.

No comments:

Post a Comment