Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My computer is making clicking noises. Then usually it freezes up, unless I CTRL, ALT, DEL and shut

It started happening when my Norton Antivirus subscription ran out. I ran a scan of my hard drive and it said there was an error on the hard drive. What does that mean? Was it something I downloaded? Thanks for the help!!



My computer is making clicking noises. Then usually it freezes up, unless I CTRL, ALT, DEL and shut down.?virus removal



Buy a new hard drive.



My computer is making clicking noises. Then usually it freezes up, unless I CTRL, ALT, DEL and shut down.?anti virus protection



You probably have a virus that messed up your hard drive.



Download AVG to a CD then reinstall everything on your computer.
Most likely your hard drive is on its way out, back up your important data and replace the drive.
possibley.. try uninstalling norton... if that doen't help just repair the system using the recovery disc.. or the microsoft disc... and or this may be the clik of doom.. ur hard drive is about to explode... ( not really.. i just like dramaticizing stuff)... but yea.. if that doesn't work.. get a new hard drive asap and bakup all ur DAYTAH! ( data)
If its coming from the hard drive it is probably that something is either broke or is loose or in the way of something like maybe the fan. If its coming from the monitor then I have no idea because the monitor has nothing to do with freezing unless something is really screwed up. So its defiantly not the monitor. I would SAVE EVERYTHING THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU on something. Take the cover of the desktop off and see if any thing is broken or loose etc. If you take it to the shop it will probably cot you anywhere to $45-$200. So try it if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment