Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How do I stop Yahoo Mail's Norton from scanning JPG images!?

Its sooooooooooooooooooooo slow to wait for that thing to scan each and every JPG image - a file type isn't going to have a virus because hello, it has no active content! - before it allows me to download it. Not to mention, I'm saving the file to a mac anyways so even if I downloaded virus.exe it wouldn't much matter.



To make it worse.. Yahoo Mail is crashing about 10% of the time I try to download with the "were sorry error". Because loading Norton for each image download overloads the server, I'm guessing...



For the record... I stopped using Norton Antivirus on my PC after it FORMATTED MY HARD DISK - replacing the contents of my drives file allocation table with an old backup of one from a totally different drive! Since then, I've seen otherwise fast computers reduced to a crawl by antivirus software that intercepts everything all the time. It sucks - its so much easier just to not rip off software and click on anything and everything ...



How do I stop Yahoo Mail's Norton from scanning JPG images!?antivirus programs



try to login from here for faster and error-free access



http://us.m.yahoo.com/p/mail



and



It seems you are using new yahoo mail, which needs latest browsers.For error free emailing use yahoo mail classic



Use the below link to return to yahoo mail classic and click yes ,when it asks for "opt out"



http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/optout?s



for co.in account,



http://in.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/optout?s

No comments:

Post a Comment