Wednesday, September 16, 2009

AVG Anti virus: Slow computer normal?

I run AVG Antivirus regularly. When I am scanning my computer, I normally leave it and do something else. When I return, and start using my computer again, it runs really slow until about 5 minutes of use. This 5 minutes seems to start the moment I use my computer again, no matter how long it has been left for. This also happened when I had Norton AV installed. Is this normal?



AVG Anti virus: Slow computer normal?spyware remover



If you mean it is slow after the scan has completed, which I think you do, this is probably because the memory has not been properly released. This is not so common in XP as in previous versions, but it can still happen. Rebooting your PC should clear the memory and allow you to work normally. Memory managers are also available which will reclaim the memory as soon as it is available. You could try http://www.majorgeeks.com/BySoft_FreeRAM... for an example.



AVG Anti virus: Slow computer normal?virus removal



I have the same problem, i think its normal as many of my friends got AVG Antivirus installed making their pc run slow but safe!
Working with a slow computer can be time consuming as programs/ applications take a long time to start. This problem is more pronounced in computers which have been used for 6 or more months. More information at http://fixit.in/slowcomputer.html
Yes - a full system scan will slow your PC down
What would you rather have, a slow computer but safe or a fast computer with a virus. When AVG Anti-virus is scanning it will slow down your computer looking for the viruses.
any antiviruses slow your pc coz they scan everything you do
yes, You must have a powerfull processor(%26gt;3,2%26gt; and 1 Go of memory if you don't have a slow computer.
AVG Antivirus is one of the best use it like every week or so but also us these



Spybot - Search %26 Destroy



http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-De...



and



Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal



http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/



to ceep you comp running fast

No comments:

Post a Comment