Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adware problem...?

I recently scanned my computer with Norton Antivirus 2004. It found an infected file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\qoppp.dll). The display mentioned it to be "Adware.VirtuMonde", but when I clicked on the link to the Symantec website, it stated that my adware was "Packed.Adware". I cannot delete the file manually or through the antivirus program.



Every now and then, a pop-up appears saying that I have tons of virus infections, etc. I "X" that out, then a User License Agreement appears, asking if I want to install, and I "X" that out. Right after I "X" the User License Agreement, another pop-up comes advertising "WinAntivirus".



So far, no site has been helpful in removing the problem. My antivirus definitions are up-to-date.



Please help.



Adware problem...?aurora



You have been infected by the "winfixer"spyware....go to this site and download the removal tool for it http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.p...



After getting rid of the winfixer then go to microsoft windows update site and get all your security updates



Adware problem...?download



You should probably get a new computer. You don't want the virus to spread. It could lead to bigger problems. Get the new Macbook.
Removal tool for Virtumonde is free here:

No comments:

Post a Comment