Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trojan Horse?

i have formatted the c: drive, reinstalled the windows but the Trojan horse remains in c:\WINDOWS\MDM.EXE.



I have re-installed it from the Microsoft CD. After the fresh installation i installed Norton antivirus and had the latest virus updates. but when i click on my D: Drive to access some files the trojan again appears. and the norton real time protection gave me the MSG: "Virus Found: name: Trojan Horse: location/ file: C:\Windows\MDM.EXE"



now my question is, if virus is in the file which is located in D: Drive then why norton real time protection giving me the Wrong location, plus when i scan my computer with the norton antivirus it didn鈥檛 find any virus in D: Drive.



Trojan Horse?microsoft office



DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! DANGER DANGER!!



Trojan Horse?norton antivirus



You should go to this web site to have it check your mdm.exe...



http://www.liutilities.com/products/wint...



mdm.exe is used in windows for debugging.. or it CAN be a virus.. you need to find out which one you have...



I prefer ZoneAlarm Security Suite, costs about $50 or so (I forget now) and I have a link to it on my webpage:



http://www.tom-olsen.com/links.html



I also have some links to FREE graphics programs from Serif (you have to register them but even registration is FREE)
The answer is somewhere in what you think you did, but really did not do. It sounds to me like you did a " repair existing" rather than a clean install. You say you formatted. In order to erase all

No comments:

Post a Comment