Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Scanning for viruses?

When you run a virus scan and it finds an infected file, it gives you three options: Delete, repair, or ignore. Repair never seems to work, so its really between delete and ignore. What is the right thing to do here? I don't want to delete a file that I might need. On the other hand, if I ignore, then I'm not accomplishing anything. I installed a free anti virus from Avast yesterday and then ran a virus scan. I selected delete for each infected file. After the scan, my computer was destroyed. I was unable to do anything. I couldnt even do a system restore or uninstall the antivirus. Finally, I had to reinstall Windows. Luckily, I had a back-up.



Scanning for viruses?symatec



if u have avast, which i also have it should have a ADD TO VAULT, but if its just 3 options to choose just use delete



Scanning for viruses?vista



There should have been an add to the vault selection so you could have moved the infected files into the vault without causeing any damage yet containing the infected files.



IT's to bad that deleteing those files trashed your os



Better luck in the future
I would suggest that you choose to delete the file if it's infected.



Also, you may want to try running an antispyware scan, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment