Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What are some maintenance type things I can do to my computer, to keep it performaning well for me?

Right now, the only maintenance I do is...



Once a week I scan with Norton Antivirus,



about every 2 weeks I run SpyBot and Adaware.



I know this is bad, that there are several more things I should be doing.



Should I scandisc regularly?



Should I be defragging?



Should I be deleting temporary internet files, are there other files that should be deleted, on the regular basis? How do I get rid of all the ones that need to go?



What else do I need to do to get my computer running at an optimal level?



How do I check for and get rid of problems like... incomplete programs that did not install or un-install correctly, hardware installation and un-installation, unused and corrupted drivers.



Also what programs should be regularly updated, for example...Java, Quicktime, flashplayer, DirectX, Shockwave player? Do you know of any sites, where I can check to see if I need updated versions of any of these or other needed programs.



Should I check on updating my ActiveX controls, how?



My computer is a...



What are some maintenance type things I can do to my computer, to keep it performaning well for me?free antivirus



Okay, I would reccommend opening up your computer case and get a friend to look it over with you. Maintenance is not just running a handfull of software programs to keep it virus free, etc. It's to do with hardware too.

No comments:

Post a Comment