Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Undeletable Picture?

Well I downloaded some songs and apparently i clicked on a picture on limewire too the title on it was "Eiffel 65 track 6". I didnt notice it was a jpeg instead of mp4. It downloaded to my desktop, but instead of it being the song it was a picture with a vulgar name and now will not delete. I can't delete it, move it to another folder, specifically scan it with antivirus, encrypt it, unlock it,or anything else. I tried:



Starting it in safe mode



Scanning it with antivir, spysweeper, spybot, and Lavasoft spyware.



Using an unlocker dl on it.



Using an uninstaller DL on it.



Is there anything else i can do other then just wipe my hardrive? I really dont want something like this on my desktop, especially if it contains a virus/tracker in it.



Thanks in advance.



Undeletable Picture?computer security



Do something weird that worked for me once. Restart in safe mode,and right click on the picture and select "open with" Select notepad.The picture will be a meaningless script.Just add few characters anywhere you want and save it. Try to delete it now.



Undeletable Picture?free spyware remobal



first uninstall limewire did u try a systems restore to earlier date ...man seems you tried everything with this....good luck
Try using a secure data erase tool. They're meant to prevent deleted files from coming back through computer forensics, but they're pretty hardcore and might be able to delete your file. Check my source for a link to Eraser a permanent deletion tool.
download knoppix live linux distro

No comments:

Post a Comment