Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Computer Virus Question?

So while browsing the computer the other day I got a little box that indicated that there was a threat on the computer It said that it failed to remove. So scanned the computer with Symantec AntiVirus and it showed there was no threats. I looked under the history and it showed two things in the past history. It was called the same thing and dated the same day at the same time. The bottom one says it was not deleted but the top one said it was deleted. I deleted the backup that the antivirus saved and scanned my computer again and it showed no threats. I also scanned with Ad-Aware 2007 and it shows no threats. Do you think my computer is virus free?



Computer Virus Question?best antivirus software



Obviously you don't have any full-time antivirus program, or you wouldn't be asking this question. The only way to be sure is to install and keep current, one of the better free AV software, either Avast 4-Home or AVG 7.5. I personally have used Avast for nearly 5 years without a virus successfully getting past it, and it protects in real time. I recommend it.



As far as Ad-Aware 2007 is concerned, it is the best of its kind in anti-spyware, but not the only one. It usually takes two to completely protect the computer against spyware. And again, I've used Ad-Aware for years, but I also use SpywareBlaster.



http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaw...

No comments:

Post a Comment