Wednesday, November 4, 2009

PLEASE HELP!! I GOT A VIRUS on my computer!!?

ok so somehow I got a virus on my computer and I can't find any way to get it off. I've scanned Norton AntiVirus several times and it can't even find a virus, i've did ad-aware and I deleted several infected files but I STILL HAVE A VIRUS. Everytime I do something I get this sceen that pops up..



http://i28.tinypic.com/5uk09d.jpg



PLEASE HELP!! I GOT A VIRUS on my computer!!?antivirus scan



Hi Sweet Addiction,



From the screenshot that you have posted, it DOES NOT look like a virus to me. Looks more like some adware stuff.



A few things to remember:



1) A virus wouldn't generally proclaim its presence with an alert message.



2) Windows on its own has no method of detecting and warning you about adware.



In your case let us list the facts that make you think that you have a virus:



1) Your ad-aware scan showed infections.



2) Norton AV didn't find anything.



3) You have a pop up message that tells you that you have a virus and that you need to download a software to get rid of. And it says click ok to download it.



If I were you I wouldn't trust the message. My analysis is that you most definitely have something on your computer that you'd rather not have. Now lets see how to get rid of it.



1) Use task manager to check all running processes.



2) Look for suspicious names in the processes list.

No comments:

Post a Comment