Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How do I salvage my files?

My motherboard broke down which forced me to reinstall windows (XP Pro SP2) as the version on my system drive was"locked" to my old MB. I realised, after reinstalling windows, work files were gone. I thought they were gone forever. But just by chance I noticed that my antivirus program was scanning the very files I am missing. But I cannot access this nonexistant windows folder. Not Explorer, not my filesalvaging program. Only my antivirus prog can "see" the files. Is there anyway I can access those files?



How do I salvage my files?moto guzzi



When you reinstall windows without fully formatting, it will create another folder or virtual drive that all your files will be stored. You have to find that back up files, it will better if you use command prompt for finding.



How do I salvage my files?norton internet security 2008



Can you see the directory the files were in? You may have to log in as administrator and change the ownership in order to access.
Recuva file recovery



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhAbVVHH7...
did you manage to recover your files?.... if not, email me... my kid is a great techie and knows this stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment