Saturday, June 19, 2010

Why does my laptop have a touchy CPU usage?

So currently, whenever I try to do anything almost at all, my CPU usage spikes. For example, trying to play chess on www.instantchess.com. I played it on my other comp and it worked fine. Depending on what it is, it's regular processes, firefox.exe, explorer.exe, etc.



I have AVG antispyware and antivirus installed, I scan regularly. I really don't know what the problem is. If it is hardware, please give me a way to make sure, so I don't go out and buy a new motherboard or something, and it ends out that's not the problem.



One last thing, recently, the Battery stopped charging, I dunno if that's a factor or not.



THANKS!



Why does my laptop have a touchy CPU usage?spyware



Its hard to answer this question without knowing the model of your laptop. Right-click on the taskbar below and select "Task Manager" then click on the "processes tab" and watch to see what program is eating the most ram. You might have a smaller processor on your laptop.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment