Saturday, June 19, 2010

There's a text file on my computer that I don't remember creating?

A couple of days after I got my laptop, a shortcut to a Notepad file called "dxva_sig" showed up on my computer desktop. I did not create this file nor create a shortcut for it. The actual file is blank. I figured one of my cousins or my brother had just been messing around on my laptop and mashed the keys for the file name (because "dxva_sig" has no significance to me), so I deleted it to my Recycle Bin and created a password for the laptop so the kids would stop fooling around.



Within a few days, however, "dxva_sig" was back on my desktop. Confused, I deleted it once more and ran a full system scan with my AntiVirus program. I scanned for viruses, spyware, worms, cookies, the works. Nothing suspicious at all showed up, let alone some malicious activity called "dxva_sig".



Every few days, "dxva_sig" keeps magically rescuing itself from the Recycle Bin and settling down on my desktop. What the heck is going on? Is this something malicious? If not, how do I delete it PERMANENTLY?



There's a text file on my computer that I don't remember creating?spyware removal



Dxva is DirectX Video Acceleration - It has something to do with video codec鈥檚 on your PC - usually appears with the ATI graphic cards.



Here is the link to a website with a description how to remove it



http://www.soeberg.net/dev/dxva_sig/

No comments:

Post a Comment