Saturday, June 19, 2010

Myspace phisher?

I got a message from one of my friends today in my myspace account. The message was what looked like a youtube video, except my profile pic was on the vid. I stupidly clicked on it and it took me to a web site and I knew instantly that I F'd up. I didn't know what website it took me to b/c I just kept closing the window, but a few pop ups kept coming up until finally it stopped. Anyway know what I could've gotten? I called my friend to tell her and she said that she had gotten something like that from another friend and clicked it and didn't follow up on what happened. Turned out, she checked her outbox and it had sent itself to all her friends on her top list. I just ran an antivirus and adaware scan and nothing, but just in case they both missed it, if someone knows anything about this, please share the info. Thanks!



Myspace phisher?virus removal



Well first thing make sure you check your profile coding to ensure this site didn't embed anything on your profile. Next you will want to change your password. Sites like that cause little harm to your computer, what they do is steal your login info so that they can use your account to SPAM your friends. Also be careful when you're logging into myspace. Also make yourself you type myspace.com in your browser so that you're not tricked into logging into any fake myspace login pages.



=)



Myspace phisher?anti virus protection



This could be a spammer, hacker, virus or a bug that's on your account...
usually it won't be a problem unless you accidentally typed your password into something that wasn't a real myspace login.



it might have installed some software on your computer, but the thing it's trying to phish is your password. once it gets your password, then that's when it starts to send out e-mails.

No comments:

Post a Comment