Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can someone help on this problem ? Its driving me crazy.?

Windows XP: I am not able to delete some folders. Everytime I click on the folder, it show another folder in it and another and another ! When I try to delete it, it won't with error message that the filename is too long and to rename it. But renaming it does not solve the problem. In fact I have some stuff in the folders, but now they cannot be retrieved, bcos it just shows another folder in it but not the actual contents. Scanned with antivirus programs brought up nothing. TIA



Can someone help on this problem ? Its driving me crazy.?anti virus software



You are having virus in the same. No way out.. just load fresh antivirus ... or Formate the dirve after saving your valuable data in CD or other disk.



I have face the same and have to formate drive again..



take care



Raja



Can someone help on this problem ? Its driving me crazy.?aurora



A virus or spyware is causing the problem.



You can probably go into the safe mode (F8) on bootup and delete the file. I would choose safe mode with networking then update your anti-virus program (latest definations) and download and update Spybot Search and Destory HERE:



http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-De...



run both in the safe mode and see what they find.



Then reboot to normal mode.



Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment