Saturday, June 19, 2010

My computer is infected!!! NEED HELP!!!?

my computer got infected and all of these wierd popups keep on popping up. how do i get rid of it? i used antivirus and spyware scan and nothing showed up. this has been going on for a week now.



My computer is infected!!! NEED HELP!!!?stinger



That sounds close to what happened to me not a long time ago actually three weeks ago. It's probably a virus/ad-ware infection that your virus or spy-ware program haven't been updated to remove yet. If it's been going on for a week now and you tried using your computer this way the infection might have copied itself many times in several places in your hard drive. My anti virus program detected the nasty virus that planted itself in my computer but it couldn't catch the virus cause my anti virus program kept catching this virus over and over after I had deleted it and it slowed my system down and pop ups still kept popping. When I knew my anti virus program which I keep updated daily detected the virus and couldn't get rid of the virus I knew I had to do the inevitable. I had to reformat my hard drive completely and load windows and other programs I had in my computer all over again, yes it stinks but it got rid of everything in my hard drive along with the virus. But I had no choice if that virus your computer has is like the one I had you probably might start thinking about reformatting your drive if every other method's you tried failed. It's very tough to try to download other anti virus and spy-ware programs over the Internet while your computer is infected I should know I tried it but I gave up cause the pop ups wouldn't let me. Which ever route you take to clean your computer I hope your successful but I advice you if you are using Internet Explorer try using a different Internet browser next time after you have disinfected your computer. Try using Firefox browser or Safari browser or Maxthon browser, I have the three browsers in my computer and Im using Firefox right now using a different browser wont completely protect your computer but it will resist other malicious software that is designed to exploit specifically Internet Explorer browser vulnerabilities, IE is the most exploited browser out there. Also always keep your Anti virus and spy-ware programs updated you can also add a different free and very good spy-ware program called Spybot. Every other day scan your computer but scan more often for spy-ware after using the Internet for long sessions, It is bothersome task but at least you ensure your computer stays as clean as possible. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment