Saturday, June 19, 2010

How do I rid my laptop of a LimeWire virus, after having run my anti-virus software?

I recently contracted some sort of debilitating virus through a LimeWire download. I had the whole operating system totally reinstalled. Everything was fine after that until I stupidly decided to redownload LimeWire but this time with a firewall and having Symantec Antivirus software automatically scan each download. Before I downloaded 2 songs, I had the same virus all over again. I can't use any internet applications except AIM. I uninstalled Firefox and LimeWire but still nothing. Is there anything I can do to repair it?!



How do I rid my laptop of a LimeWire virus, after having run my anti-virus software?virus



if you're using windows xp try doing a system restore and restore it to the date that your OS was reinstalled and working good



to do this - click on start - all programs - accessories - system tools - system restore



once you've gone through all the steps - it will restart your computer



is it the same song/file that you keep downloading in limewire that gives you the virus? if so - try downloading a different bitrate file



I believe a few file names to be viruses



01 Track 01 wma 1809 kb



on through to



07 Track 07 wma 3126 kb



also watch out for Eighties classic wma 4234 kb



and I know for certain that Wicked Remix wma 1887 kb is a virus (I made the mistake of downloading that file)

No comments:

Post a Comment